Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

December 11, 2012

I'm Over Here...

I'm guest posting today at MaMe Musings.  My sweet friend Melissa is hosting her holiday series called "Unwrapping Our Gifts", and I am very thankful to be a part of it again this year.  

It often feels uncomfortable to step out and say, "These are my gifts." I think it is a great reminder, though -- particularly during this often-hectic season -- to step back and remember that we all have so much to offer...much of which can't be wrapped with a sparkly bow.

I'm very thankful for the opportunity to share a project I've been involved in over the past couple of years, one that has become a great passion.

And I'm also very thankful for the prompt to step back and remember how quickly we've gone from this...


...to this...


We are so thankful for our sweetest baby girls! 

Wishing you and yours many blessings this holiday season! 

4 comments:

Julia said...

I know this was a bit of a vulnerable post for you. I'm proud of you for writing it! I can tell that what you do at the NICU blesses others for sure, but also blesses you, and then your family.

Much joy and many more blessings to you this holiday season, Miss Mandy!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

So I've never asked you about your feelings on God and such.... :)

but I know for sure you have a HUGE gift of encouragement! And you bring that gift to me in SPADES and I'm 150% convinced you do the same to the families in the NICU.

I wish I'd had someone like you there...but fortunately I just talked the nurses' ears off asking them a million and one questions!

championm2000 said...

I love the pictures here! What a visual reminder of how far you've come in such a relatively short time!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, your gift, and in turn, showing us how "gifts" come in so many forms.

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

Oh my goodness they are so big! And so beautiful!!!