Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

December 2, 2012

I Finished My Advent Calendar on Time!!!

...and I couldn't be happier!

After I posted a couple of weeks ago about ideas for Advent, I got serious in making a decision about which calendar I wanted to pursue.  This project was really pretty easy, and I love how it turned out!




I used a 12 x 18" poster frame.  The most time-consuming part was the higher math involved in marking the spacing for my pins.  After I completed my complex calculations, I took advantage of the clear plastic covering on the frame and marked it up with a black marker.  I turned that to the inside of the frame, glued my pins, and then pulled the plastic off...easy-peasy!



I used scrapbook paper inside the frame.  I simply taped it in place, so I can easily change it out next year.  I used red, green, and cream card stock, and a 1" circle punch -- along with my trusty stamps -- to make the cards for each day.

When the girls got up yesterday morning, I wished them, "Happy December!"  They both exclaimed, "Mommy!  We need to make our countdown calendars!!!"

I told them I had something else for them this year.  I was a little apprehensive, wondering if they'd be OK with taking turns pulling a card each day, but thank goodness that wasn't an issue.  Baby A has stood in front of the frame several times, pointing to every other card, saying, "And this is mine...and then Sissy gets this one...and I'll pull this one...and then this one..."  HA!

Saturday's activity was "Put up the Christmas tree!"  Check!  And today the girls are excited to "Make Chex Mix!"

We are all looking forward to a season full of fun!!!

11 comments:

Double the Giggles said...

LOVE THIS! Great job!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Mandy, you did an awesome job!!!! It looks so great. Are your activities stuck to the back or will it be reusable?

Charlene Juliani said...

I love this...you are really getting crafty lately ;)

Mandy said...

Awesome! The girls love ours. I have to post our other one tomorrow. Today we put up a tree in their bedroom, yesterday it was a christmas book. These baby steps to prepare for christmas is so exciting to them, and really makes me feel planned and prepared! Cards on tap for tomorrow I believe!

MultipleMum said...

Love!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Is it horrible I totally bought one this year? I have been eyeing one at pottery barn kids so desperately! I couldn't resist. I justified it by being one of my "forever" decorations!

Deanna said...

Cute!! I ended up going with a clothes pin design too...after I decided at 8:00 on Friday night that sewing on pockets was going to take me forever. : )

Julia said...

Wow---that looks fantastic! Love that you can change it up from year to year too!

I bet your girlies are going to love having "their turn" every other day. :)

Louisa said...

That looks great!

Mrs FF said...

Beautiful. One more use for the very versatile clothes peg :-)

Unknown said...

It looks great, Mandy! I bet the girls are having so much fun with it!