Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

October 8, 2012

Super Stuff on a Monday



We had a fantastic fall break!  In addition to the International Festival last weekend and our mini-vacay to Cincinnati, there were lots of super-fabulous moments in between…

1)      Baby B has been all about making up songs lately.  She sorta-kinda tries to follow the tune of some kiddie song.  My favorite are her heartfelt ballads in ode to our kitty Sasha…”I love Sasha / I love Sasha / Oh, Sasha is so sweet / And I love her / And I love her / Oh, how I love our baby Sasha…  The vibrato in her off-key voice seals the deal.

2)      A couple of days this week, Baby A has slept in (at least for 5 or 10 minutes past her sister).  Baby B has been such a snuggle bunny, curling up in bed with Mommy and Daddy.  And, unlike her sister who bemoans the morning, B is full of smiles and good morning wishes…so sweet. 

3)      The girls were first introduced to the concept of smoking last holiday, when Frosty the Snowman had a “corncob pipe” and “the smoke encircled his head like a wreath” in ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas.  They haven’t made much mention of it in months, but over the past few weeks Baby A has been pointing out people she sees.  Mommy, I see somebody in that car doing something we don’t like!  What is it, Sweetie?  There’s a smoking pipe! which is how she refers to a cigarette...except she doesn’t pronounce consonant blends very well, and so she says, “Fokin’ pipe!” Her baby voice -- and her strong conviction -- make my day!

4)      We stopped for lunch on the way to Cincinnati, and happened upon a great little café with a fantastic selection of soups, sandwiches, and salads.  I ordered the girls a grilled cheese sandwich that had tomato, avocado, and fresh spinach on it.  Both girls were full of “MMMM!  This is so good!  And then B added, “I like all the textures in here, Mommy!  I love my little foodies-in-the-making.

5)      We left Cincinnati after lunch, and I wanted to stop and have a little snack about halfway home.  We found a Panera, and it was such a welcome break.  The girls and I split a cookie, and they shared a cup of fresh fruit.  And Mommy got to recharge with a latte – in a mug! – one of my favorite indulgences.  And to top it off, we got complimented on the girls’ table manners.  It definitely made for a nice trip home.

6)      The girls were pretending it was nighttime for their baby dolls.  Baby A screeched to B, “We need to get our face cream on before we do that, Sissy!  Moisturizer is serious business, Ladies!

7)      The girls started this when we were in Alabama over Labor Day, and they just picked it back up…it always causes me to pause…and then laugh.  Occasionally they’ll refer to their daddy as our regular daddy.  It took me a few tries to figure it out…but they’re talking about their “regular” daddy in comparison to their grand-daddy.  HA!

8)      The girls were laughing with their daddy one night as we were getting ready for bed.  They were all talking about who was a monkey.  You’re not a good-looking monkey,” B told him.  Thanks, I think???

9)      It doesn’t always happen, but sometimes the girls do such a fantastic job of cleaning up.  They organize their toys exactly as they belong, and spend time making sure their books are in their proper places in the bookcase.  I just wish I knew what the magic formula was for prompting these efforts!

10)   One day during “quiet time”, I asked Baby A if she wanted to help me in the kitchen, and of course she was game.  She helped me measure the cereal, cut the butter, and open the package of marshmallows to make Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies treats.  What cracked me up is how she took it upon herself to lick the spoon as I was patting the finished mixture into the pan…is that an innate skill???  And she was so proud to share her creation with her sissy and daddy after naptime. 

Looking forward to another super-fabulous week at A&B Enterprises!

7 comments:

championm2000 said...

I thought the moisturizer comment was my fav...until I read "regular daddy." hahaha

Cecilia said...

I love the face cream. L and L are totally obsessed with their post bath moisturizing. Girls will be girls I guess!

Louisa said...

Mwahaha, at the face cream and the regular daddy comments. Too cute!

Beth said...

My Izzie also narrates our lives in song! I told my husband it feels like we are living in a musical! She will just begin singing, "I'm helping Mommy make some lunch..." or "I love to play with my baby doll..." It is adorable.

The 'regular Father' comment is great! It makes complete sense to me :-)

Deanna said...

"Regular daddy" cracks me up!!! : )

Unknown said...

I made some of those pumpkin spice krispite treats last year and they were wonderful!! Thanks for the reminder!

Love the 'regular daddy' reference...too cute!

Mrs FF said...

Each was my favorite until I read the next. Your girls are too clever ;)