Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

October 26, 2012

I Can't Believe It's Been a YEAR!



I can’t believe it’s been a YEAR since I last changed a diaper!  It was almost exactly a year ago when B fatefully asked to use the potty...and she never looked back! 

It’s been almost surreal to look at pictures from last fall and remember – in a good portion of them – Baby B was wearing a diaper.  

Picking leaves from the tree in the backyard last October...you can barely see B's diaper over the top of her pants.

It seems like SO long ago that I placed her on the changing table and heard that familiar “rip” of the tape.

Now don’t get me wrong…I’m not saying I miss that stinky diaper pail, exactly.  [Although there are times when the girls seem to play musical potty chairs, though, when I long for the convenience of not having to deal with babes in public restrooms!]

And I do remember a few times when I thought I would absolutely D.I.E. if I had to change another diaper in a day.  Of course I think those times all happened before I put a changing pad downstairs, when I was traipsing up and down the steps 17 times a day with a wet and/or stinky baby in hand.

Those times seem like such a distant memory.  It’s proof that the more unpleasant memories do seem to fade over time.

I love my baby girls.  And I’m so very proud of them.  I just can’t believe how quickly they’re becoming big girls.

Hmmm…I guess the next step in coming to grips with this phenomenon would be getting rid of the changing pad that’s STILL on their dresser upstairs???  That’s going to be a tough one for me.  I’m putting it off until we transition them out of cribs.  I’m hoping I have a while.  ;)

4 comments:

championm2000 said...

Now that's an anniversary to celebrate!

I can't imagine being past the diaper stage, but I know it is all just a season!

So what are you using the changing pad for now? Are you just keeping it their for old times' sake??

Mandy said...

So you're thinking by high school this transition will be complete? LOL I kid!!

My changing table has found a second career as a percussion accessory table. So when are we getting big girl beds??

cat said...

Oh gosh yes, and so they do grow up way way too fast.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

It's officially time for the crib sides to come down :)

what are you using the changing pad for???

i couldn't wait to get rid of it when they got too long... about a year ago!

and yesss i can't wait for that anniversary one day in the distant future :)