It's been a very good week. The girls have continued to enjoy their time at preschool. Along with that, we've had a great mix of family and friends and down time at home. I might even call it super-fabulous!
1) On Saturday morning we went for a great hike at a park near our house. It’s so nice to get our blood moving as a family, and it just so happens that the trail ends right by the playground, which keeps everybody moving at a nice, healthy pace.
2) On Sunday afternoon we went to celebrate Aunt Karen’s MBA graduation at a beautiful reception. The girlies were so cute in their pink flamingo-print dresses, and they were such little ladies, enjoying all the yummy finger foods. It was so much fun to see a lot of my former colleagues, and to introduce them to my girlies (outside of Facebook).
3) Following the reception, we ran home to change into our cookout clothes to join a farewell party that our dear friends Rachel and family were hosting. I loved seeing our girls playing with their friends, and our whole family relaxing with such a super group of people. And…I was so proud of our adventurous girls for sampling – multiple bites! – of my Aussie burger (topped with pineapple, beets, sautéed onions and mushrooms, to name just a few of the ingredients).
4) On Wednesday morning the girls and I went for a great walk in the neighborhood. It’s been incredibly hot most of the summer, and we’ve really missed making our rounds.
5) As part of our walk, we stopped by to see our sweet neighbor, “Grandma” June. She and I sat on a bench in her backyard and caught up a bit, while the girls played so nicely in her yard, coming by every few minutes to check in.
6) After a glorious nap (HALLELUJAH!) on Wednesday afternoon, I took the girls for frozen yogurt. It was a very nice way to celebrate their accomplishment (i.e. settling for a nap). ;)
7) During the farewell party on Sunday, several of us decided we weren’t seeing enough of each other. We made tentative plans to meet at the park on Thursday afternoon. It’s one of those things we couldn’t have planned better if we’d tried…FIVE FAMILIES of twins made it out to play together that day!
8) Included in the FIVE FAMILIES at the park were my sweet, sweet friend Jenny and her family. I’ve blogged about her several times before…she and her hubby have been working for over TWO YEARS to adopt. They returned home from the Congo on Tuesday with their precious blessings E&J, and we got to meet them for the first time on Thursday. My heart is still smiling at seeing their whole family together.
9) On Saturday we made an impromptu decision (based on coupon expiration dates) to go shopping in Nashville. Daddy and the girls did so well hanging out, having a snack, while I got my errands done in one store. We then got the girls new shoes for the fall, and enjoyed a yummy lunch at Macaroni Grill. Since the girls had been so well-behaved, we treated them to a ride on the carousel. It was such a nice – and productive! – day.
10) We always buy Shell brand gasoline. When we were leaving the mall on Saturday, though, the only station nearby was not our beloved Shell. We pulled in, and Baby B nearly came apart. “Mommy!!! This is not our gas station?!!!” And I guess that’s how brand loyalty is inadvertently born.
11) Every once in a while I’ll think to ask the girls what they want to be when they grow up. B usually says a doctor, or a vet; and A is pretty consistent with saying she wants to be a teacher. They both always follow that up with, ”…and a mommy”. So sweet.
12) Whereas it was a regular mid-summer routine, we haven’t been counting as much with the girls lately. I was very pleasantly surprised when first Baby A, and then B, could both count by 10’s to 100, and by 100’s to 1,000. I love seeing their minds work!
Very thankful for such a great week with my girlies. :) :)