Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

July 12, 2012

Waving Our Flags - {CRAFT}

For the Fourth of July, I wanted to do something red, white, and blue with the girls.  I broke into my ribbon stash and dug out some blue felt, and I love how our creations turned out.

I cut some brown card stock into a rectangular shape, and -- given the width of my ribbon -- I figured how many stripes I would have.  I was able to accommodate 8 stripes, so I cut 4 white pieces of ribbon and 4 red pieces for each of the girls.

I ran the strips of ribbon through my Xyron to make "stickers".  The girls sorted through to find 4 of each color for themselves.

They did a good job of peeling off the sticker backing and alternating colors.



When we had our stripes down, I cut a freehand blue star that we glued onto the corner.

The girls were so proud of their creations!



And I love how they look on our mantle.


Later in the day, we sorted through our buttons to find red, white, and blue ones.  I put glue on craft sticks and directed the girls to make a pattern.  Once the buttons were dry, I glued the craft sticks on card stock.  I don't have a place for this display just yet, but I love it, too.



These little crafts...along with barbeque ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, watermelon and a trip to the ice cream shop...definitely helped get us in the red-white-and-blue spirit!

Linking up with Charlene at Adventures-in-Mommy-Land for "Hey, Mom! Look What I Did!"  Check out the great craft and educational inspiration she has every week!

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

Those came out so cute! I love how proud they look of their flags. Those little easels are awesome too.

Julia said...

Super, duper cute, Mandy!

Love your creativity! Definitely pinning this for our girlies for next year :)

Charlene Juliani said...

Those flags are super cute! Can't decide which one I like best! They are cute on those little easels too! Thanks for sharing on Hey Mom, Look What I Did!!

Unknown said...

So cute, as always!

I had good intentions of doing more crafts and cooking stuff with the kids this summer...but we've honestly been so busy we haven't had time to do anything else! We need a quiet couple of days with no plans...yeah right! ha!