Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

July 20, 2012

Fab 5 Friday...Finally!

I haven't missed a Fab 5 Friday (or Saturday / Sunday / Monday) post ever...until this past week.  Between the computer being in for service, our short trip to Alabama, and a few different early-morning appointments this week (when I typically blog), it just didn't happen for me.

This is my way to chronicle the highlights of our week, something I know we'll enjoy reading years from now, and I hate to have this little gap. 

So I'm jumping back in this week, and hoping I don't slip up again for another couple of years.  It just makes my heart smile to take note of the little things.  :)

So...what made our week fabulous???

  • Last week, when we took the computer in for service, the girls were so worried.  "How will you drink your coffee in the morning, Mommy?"  HA!
 
  • Baby A has been exclaiming, "I have a great idea!"  It's usually something she wants to play, or a pretend scenario she wants to create, but her enthusiasm is contagious.
 
  • Baby B had a bunch of books pulled off the bookshelf a few days ago.  I asked her what she was doing.  "I'm organizing these books.  Some of the spines were upside-down."  I seriously love this kid!
 
  • Over supper one night, B belted out, "I'm in a New York state of mind!"  I love the Billy Joel reference and the nod to the Big Apple.
 
  • At the end of the day on Friday, after we surprised GG with a visit, I asked the girls what their favorite part of the day was.  They both answered, "Seeing Aunt GG!"  
 
  • And at the end of the day on Saturday, after we played with my BFF and her daughter at the children's museum, I again asked the girls about their favorite part of the day.  "Seeing Baby A!" they both answered.  I love-love-love that they appreciate the people in our lives...not just the playtime, pizza, and toys.
 
  • It was so super sweet to see the girls pulling their new suitcases during our little trip.  They looked like such big kids!
 
  • I loved seeing the girls play at Aunt GG's house.  This was the first visit that I felt like they were "entertained" there...not just trying to touch every last surface (such that I had to keep my hands on them every single second).  It's such a throwback for me to my childhood, having played in that house so very often.
 
  • And I never tire of seeing the girls RUN to their baby dolls after we've been away from home.  It's the sweetest, most endearing thing. 
 
  • On Sunday, my friend Jenny invited us to her church to see a children's music performance.  I think Baby A was a bit overwhelmed by all the people and sights and sounds, although I knew she was having fun, as she clapped wholeheartedly at the end of each song.  Baby B had a complete blast, though...she did her best to sing along with every song (even if she'd never heard it before), and she clapped and made attempts at each and every hand motion.  She was so intense...and hilarious!
 
  • And since the Sunday performance, the girls have been talking about various songs, singing bits and pieces, and making up their own tunes.  
 
  • The girls have been all about playing "hotel" this week.  I just love seeing them incorporate new adventures into their pretend games.
 
  • The girls are so funny when I have something cooking in the kitchen.  "YUM!" they'll exclaim.  "That smells SO GOOD, Mommy!"
 
  • When we woke up this morning, we saw our beloved backyard tree split in half, thanks to a huge storm we had last night.  I showed the girls what had happened, and Baby B immediately began to cry.  She said she was sad for the tree.  As much as it breaks my heart to see her upset, her precious tender heart is so very sweet.
 
  • Baby A has a serious obsession with playing Match.  And she'll truly give you a run for your money!  She would play 50 games a day, I think, if she could!
 
  • The girls have been calling me "Mama" (instead of "Mommy") sometimes lately.  I can't say it's fabulous, exactly...but my little Southern girls always make me laugh!
 
  • The girls asked me to help them build a lion out of blocks.  Then they made an elaborate set-up for him, including a pond and a soccer ball for him to play with.  They were recreating one of their favorite videos from youtube, of Triton the lion "playing soccer" in the Johannesburg zoo.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Claire has this little southern (by my northern standards) twang to her sometimes and it just melts me. She has been calling me mama for the last two months on and off.

I can't wait till the ladies meet up. I've been telling them about A&B and I think they're nervous!

Unknown said...

I remember when Sarah first mastered Memory...she wanted to play it over and over, too! (She's really good, too!)

I love the comment about the computer and your morning coffee...ha!