Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

July 6, 2012

Happy Half Birthday, A and B!!!

Yesterday we celebrated the girls' half birthday...my babies are 3 1/2!

The half-birthday celebration is not something I grew up with, but I worked with a lady once upon a time whose family celebrated half birthdays.  I fell in love with the idea, and banked it for when I had kiddos.

We don't have a party, or buy gifts, but July 5 is just a special day for the four of us.  We make a fun day of it, eating yummy food and doing things the girls enjoy.  And it's a great excuse for Mommy to make a cake.  :)

The girls had an absolute BLAST yesterday!!!  Here are some highlights...

We sung the first round of "Happy Half Birthday" to A, and then to B, first thing yesterday morning.  After the obligatory picture of early morning snuggles, we enjoyed waffles for breakfast.


We surprised the girls with a trip to a new bouncy house play place.  They had such a great time!!!  I only had the camera for the first few minutes, as Mommy couldn't resist jumping and sliding with them!

I saw a lot of this, the backs of the girls' heads...



...and I got a few pictures of a joy-filled Baby B.  (Baby A was moving too fast!)


After we jumped and bounced and went down the slides probably 50 times, it was time for lunch.  The girls picked Mellow Mushroom downtown.  (Mommy and Daddy were happy to oblige.)



We headed home for a family nap (hallelujah!), and then it was time for CAKE!  This was another surprise for the girls...they squealed with delight!

Waiting on the cake through a second rendition of "Happy Half Birthday"...


Looking at the candles...


 Blowing out the candles...


Baby A, enjoying her cupcake...


Baby B, enjoying her cupcake...


After our sugary treat, the girls and I went to the mall to buy BIG panties.  :)  At Old Navy, they got balloons, which were another big highlight of their day...


We finished the day with the girls' favorite meal, shrimp scampi.  We read "On the Night You Were Born" as a bedtime story, and two very tired 3 1/2-year olds almost fell asleep before I got their teeth brushed.

It was a great, great day with our super great girls.  :)  :)

[And I couldn't help digging out my favorite picture from the girls first half-birthday.  I love the similarities to the picture of them looking at their candles...but wow, how time flies!]



11 comments:

championm2000 said...

Happy Half-Birthday, A & B!!

(Oh, my...it seems like yesterday that they turned 3!)

Charlene Juliani said...

Wow looks like so much FUN!!! and I adore that last pic..so stinkin' cute!

yettie said...

wow girl! that throwback picture made me all teary (I don't know why I've been doing that a lot these days)

Happy half birthday to your cutie pies.

Cecilia said...

Did you make the cake? It's awesome! Happy half birthday!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

You make GORGEOUS cakes!

I've had one of the crappiest days in a while. I think D has gone off the deep end, deliberately feeding the kids rubbish in the name of "fun". Yes, we have fought....

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday cuties! Sounds and looks like a really fun day was had by all!!

Miss Megan said...

So fun! Happy half birthday A&B!! What a great tradition!!!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet that you celebrate their 1/2 birthday!! And wow...our babies are officialy 3.5 (well Adam will be in a few days!).

Looks like a super fun day - what lucky little ladies to get to celebrate their birthday!! :-) Happy 1/2 birthday!

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Halfy-birthday to your beautiful girls. Your cakes are always so pretty.

Deanna said...

Hey, any excuse for cake is a great idea!! : )

Happy half-birthday, A & B!

cat said...

Happy half birthday to them. I love the idea