I’m loving this fabulous summer with my girlies!!! We’ve had a couple of “field trips”, some great fun outside, and lots of family time together.
1) My family came up for a short visit on Friday, and it was so great to see the girls having such a blast with them. Friends and neighbors are wonderful, but family is priceless.
2) The girls have started referring to themselves occasionally as “Mommy’s baby girls,” as in, “What are Mommy’s baby girls gonna have for supper?” I just can’t get over the cuteness factor!
3) The girls have continued to be very into pretend play this week. A big focus seems to have been taking care of their baby dolls. They’ve always fed them, and taken them to run errands, but this week they’ve been very focused on personal grooming…cutting their babies’ nails (holding a butter knife from their kitchen – yikes!)…giving their babies baths in the kitchen sink…and drying their babies’ hair (with a ring-stacker toy as a hairdryer…even though their babies are bald!).
One day they kept talking about putting their babies’ swimsuits on. I moved a pillow in the midst of their play, and Baby A almost charged at me. “Abby’s swimsuit!!!” she cried. She pretended to grab something from where I’d put the pillow, and went running off to outfit her doll. HA!
4) One evening before bed, I saw the girls snuggled up together, and B was stroking A’s face. “I see your eyebrows,” she said. Then A said, “Beep your nose!” and touched her sister on the nose. It didn’t last long, but it was so sweet!
5) The girls’ language and reasoning continues to amaze me. Baby A saw my coffee one day and said, “I see some steam. That means it’s hot.” And B came downstairs one morning and looked out the window. “It rained overnight,” she said. WOW!
And what did I do for ME this week???
I took advantage of having the hubby home and ventured out during the girls’ naptime on Monday. I needed to run to the craft store, and I took my time, milling around. Milling! I looked at things I didn’t even need!
And then I still had time to run by the bead store, which – although I don’t know anything about jewelry design – it always makes me feel crafty just to be there. More milling!
I topped it off by picking up an enormously large Diet Coke on the way home.
I was only gone about an hour, but that “milling” was time well spent!
Thanks - as always! - to the Great dollimama for hosting my favorite link-up of the week! And check out the plans for the first week of July...an awesome link-up GIVEAWAY! It's gonna be lots of fun...you should join us!!!