The unofficial start of summer took off on a fabulous note, complete with lots of sunshine and the sweetest ice cold watermelon!
1) On Saturday, we took our first day trip since the Potty-capades began. We enjoyed a great lunch with dear friends in downtown Nashville. Hubby and I hadn’t been downtown since the girls were born, so a little taste of the “big city” was a treat, too.
2) On Sunday, we planned a trip to our local orchard. We made the trek "to the country", only to find they were closed! The girls were not particularly happy…but they cheered up right away with the promise of ice cream and a trip to the park. For the first time, the girls fed themselves some DQ soft-serve (my babies are growing up!!!), and Hubby and I may have each enjoyed a Blizzard.
3) We spent some time at one of the local parks on Sunday afternoon. The playground equipment was scalding hot, so we lured the girls into the wide open grassy fields by asking them to find dandelions. It was amazing to see them running so freely, their cheeks all flush, having a blast.
4) On Monday, we enjoyed a mid-afternoon frozen yogurt. I dressed the girls in the cutest coordinating outfits, and I let them wear their sunglasses for the first time. They looked like true movie stars…and also acted like ones, avoiding the paparazzi [my camera] at all costs!
5) And the girls’ quotes of the week just warm my heart...as they brought up family members waaaay out of the blue. Baby A said, at random, “We haven’t seen Grandpa Cecil in a while!” And B was “dancing” on Daddy’s feet, and said, “This like Daddy used to do with his grandma,” as Hubby has told her a few times (but not recently). Wow.
And what did I do for ME this week???
Wednesday afternoon, Miss Jennifer was here for a couple of hours to hang out with the girls. I met Hubby after he got out of school for a mid-afternoon snack. I enjoyed a very leisurely cup of coffee, and he, an ice cold lemonade, and I sneaked a couple of bites of his ginormous cinnamon roll. We just hung out and talked and laughed…it was a fantastic mid-week break.