Yes, that’s right…for the second week in a row I find myself unable to count to five. I promise it’s just because we’ve had so much fun stuff going on around here that it’s hard for me to narrow down my fabulous list…and is no way related to the mush-inization of my brain (I hope!).
Daddy has been home with us this week for Fall Break, so we’ve had lots of fun adventures, and even a couple of breaks from our regularly-scheduled programming.
· ...had their first taste of Krispy Kreme…they each ate about 1/3 of a blueberry cake donut, but I think they would have eaten three each if I’d have let them!
· …got new tennis shoes…so cute!
· ...ate lunch at Chili’s, and even tried a couple of chips…B loved them, but A kindly spit them right back out…hmmm…
· …got some new fall and winter clothes (from Carter’s at 70% off + a coupon), and I can’t wait to see them model all the cuteness!
· …”played soccer” in the park…they loved RUNNING on the fields, and playing on the swings and slide, too, of course!
· …enjoyed swinging really high at the park, and B didn’t even get scared!
· …went down the slide by themselves (the teeny-tiny baby slide, with Daddy at the top and Mommy at the bottom)!
· ...enjoyed our annual trip to the pumpkin patch, where they greeted all the animals at the petting zoo, climbed on a big toy tractor, went on a hay ride, and tried to commandeer Mommy’s apple cider slushie!
· ...got their first taste of chocolate ice cream, and I think they’re in love!
And during the girls’ naptime, while Daddy was home, Mommy…
· ...went on two lunch dates with girlfriends – sushi one day, and Mexican the next!
· …enjoyed hazelnut coffee – in a mug – at Panera, by herself, while she read a book in a big cozy lounge chair by the fireplace!
And after the girls were tucked in tightly for the night, Mommy and Daddy…
· …reveled in watching the Bama / Florida game on Saturday!
· …enjoyed watching a few DVR’d shows together (with the cat, of course) on the couch!
AND we got the majority of the backyard landscaped this week! The girls were enthralled watching “the man” work again, and we’re that much closer to a swing set in the spring!
I could have written entire posts on each of these bullet points, but I unplugged a bit myself this week. I know I missed recording a lot of great details, but I just focused on enjoying this fabulous week.