I just couldn’t narrow it down to the top five highlights of the week, so here are the top six most fabulous…
1) There is a huge soccer complex next to our neighborhood, and on Sunday afternoon, we took the girls there to play. The adjoining fields were empty, so they ran, and ran, and ran, falling only occasionally and giggling all the way. They even got to “kick” around the Size 3 miniature regulation soccer ball their daddy got them…and seeing that made Daddy’s week, and probably his month, too!
2) As the weather is finally cooler, I’ve gotten to break out some of the girls’ new fall clothes. They have a renewed interest in socks – one of their favorite “toys” – and Mommy loves dressing up her doll-babies. :)
3) I love seeing how Baby A adores her dolls. She’ll be walking around with one, and I’ll tell her it’s time to come eat. She will hug her doll, and kiss it, and stroke its head before she finally puts it down. And then we both wave “bye-bye” to tell Dolly we’ll be back in a few minutes.
4) I bought the girls a new type of sippy cup this week, and they have been SO excited over them. They exclaim, “New cup!” every time they see them, and they’ve been much better at drinking all their milk / juice from them. Even for the girls, I guess it’s the little things!
5) I returned home from a quick 45-minute errand on Thursday afternoon. The girls were standing at the gate, so excited to see me. Daddy said, “Tell Mommy what you wanted to say,” and they both said, “We miss you!” I got tears in my eyes! I’m not certain they know exactly what that means…but to know Hubby thought to teach them that, and how proud they were to tell me…priceless!!!
6) For a week or so, the girls have been requesting / declaring, “Hugs!” “Kisses!” This week they added “Snuggles!” to the list. If hearing their little baby voices with their little baby lisps saying, “S’uggles!” isn’t the cutest thing I’ve ever heard…I don’t know what is!
We're so excited that Daddy will be out of school for Fall Break this coming week...we're looking forward to many fabulous adventures!