Another fabulous week!
1) On a walk earlier this week, it was so sweet to see the girls interact beside each other in their stroller. Baby A kept asking for “Hugs!” and “Kisses!” Baby B would lean over to oblige. I also watched them holding hands. I don’t know if it was the beautiful crisp fall weather that inspired them to be so affectionate, but I sure enjoyed the view!
2) We’ve been playing a game where I’ll say, “Give me a ‘knee kiss’,” and the girls will stick out their knees (or whatever body part) for me to plant a kiss. The idea of an “elbow kiss” apparently hit a chord with them…they’ve been requesting “Elbow kisses!” all week.
3) I think the girls are starting to engage in some pretend play. They’ll bring one of their stacking cups to me and say, “Mommy drink it!” I’ll pretend it’s milk, or water, or juice, and tell them how good it is. I was surprised (and maybe a little shamed) when Baby B brought me a cup and said, “Mommy, coffee!” I guess she knows how to make me smile!
4) In more pretend play, I watched Baby A playing with her doll. She was saying, “Tickle!” and touching under the baby’s chin.
5) We’ve been showing the girls their shadows for a long time now, often inviting them to wave to it. Baby B stood on the changing table as I was getting her dressed one morning. She started waving and said, “Hey, shadow!”
The girls are saying and doing new things at what seems like a mile a minute…I’m loving it all, and just trying to keep up!