Despite some continued sleep challenges and the onset of the season’s first runny noses, this was still a fabulous week…
1) I am beginning to feel like the girls have “friends”, which is just so sweet. We attended a birthday party on Saturday, with three other sets of twins, including the birthday boys. The girls had a blast, and they’re still talking about Kate, Ava, and Mattie. They’re also still talking about the “birf-day par-tee”, too.
2) On Saturday afternoon we took the girls to the mall to “practice” walking (i.e. being out of their stroller in public, which doesn’t happen very often!). They were the most adorable little things ever…the girls held hands in between Mommy and Daddy. Sure, we took up more than our fair share of the walkway, but I hope the cuteness pardoned our sprawl.
3) I was gone for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon, to attend our MoMs meeting. When I got home, Hubby asked the girls to show me what they’d learned. They now know “index finger” and “pinky finger”. How Hubby thought to teach them something so random, I don’t know…but it still cracks me up!
4) I took the girls to story time at the library on Tuesday…by myself! Although they initially wanted to explore their new surroundings (which made Mommy a wee bit nervous), they settled down once the activities started. They did great, and I think they really enjoyed themselves, too. AND Mommy was even “chill” enough to let them PAINT during the craft time. Granted I only lasted for about 60 seconds, but I’m still pretty proud of myself! HA!
5) The girls both said “G’anddaddy” on the phone to my dad this week, and I just loved hearing him laugh.
Even amid snotty tissues and spoiled naps, there’s still so much to appreciate!