We had a fabulous Labor Day week, highlighted by a trip to Sweet Home Alabama!
1) We had a safe trip to Alabama and back…and Mommy only had to spend about an hour total wedged between the girls’ car seats!
2) I think the girls are beginning to show an interest in the “A-B-C” song. Baby B keeps saying, “A-B-C-B,” and Baby A’s favorite letters seem to be “C” and “D”. (Did ya follow that?!)
3) Baby A exclaimed, “Rain!” when she woke up from her nap on Wednesday, based solely on the sound of light rain pinging the windows behind closed blinds. And later that day, when I pointed to a picture of a dinosaur, Baby B declared, “Turtle!” I have to credit her resourcefulness.
4) The girls and I met my friend Jenny and her B/G twins – who are the girls’ senior by exactly seven days – for coffee and bagels on Thursday morning. I felt like quite the soccer mom…and I loved it! :)
5) I love the way the girls giggle and squeal in delight when Mommy and Daddy give each other exaggerated kisses hello and goodbye.
Life is good…or actually, it’s pretty fabulous.