We had several exciting "firsts" this fabulous week…
1) We went to Nashville on Friday, about a 170-mile round trip drive, to meet one of my dear friends for lunch at P.F. Chang’s. We got in a great visit with Auntie Kristin, and while the girls have technically been there a couple of times before, this was the first time they actually got to enjoy the cuisine (as opposed to just a bottle of milk). They weren’t quite up for chopsticks, but they did seem to appreciate the teriyaki chicken.
2) I fed the girls breakfast on Sunday, and then we loaded up and went to Panera. The girls got to people-watch from the comfort of their stroller, while Mommy and Daddy enjoyed bagels and coffee…our first time to eat breakfast out since the girls were born!
3) The girls went swimming in a big people pool (as opposed to a kiddie pool) for the first time on Wednesday. They were so cute in their starfish floats! Consistent with their bathtime behavior, Baby A was tolerant of the experience, and Baby B had a blast, splashing and kicking and squealing.
4) On Thursday, we had the girls’ pictures taken downtown. Although neither was in a very “smiley” mood, they didn’t cry, and I’m hopeful we got some good family photos around Fountain Square.
5) I’m giving credit to Baby A this week for “mooing” like a cow and “neighing” like a horse; and to Baby B for saying two new words, “book” and “sissy”. The babble is flying at our house these days…I just know the girls are going to be reciting Shakespeare any day now…or at least calling the cat something other than “gah”.
Next week is Daddy’s last of summer vacation 2010. We’ve got many more fabulous things planned, so be sure to tune in for the full report!