As fabulous weeks go, this has not been one of the more fabulous-er…
Baby A came down with a cold on Saturday, and Baby B joined in on Monday. Fortunately it was just a cold, and the girlies are back up and at ‘em now...but we had to cancel our plans for a short vacation this week. And as this is Hubby’s last week of summer vacation before he heads back to school, it’s back to the grind – sans vacation – next week.
Even amid the temperature-taking, nose-wiping, and fuss-diffusing, there were still some fabulous highlights…
1) After the girls’ 18-month check-up last Friday, we were back in the pediatrician’s office on Tuesday for the girls' colds. That wasn’t fabulous, but getting confirmation that their colds were viral…and that they didn’t need any meds…was fabulous squared!
2) The girls ate peanut butter for the first time this week. I can’t say they were huge fans, but I’ll keep working on them. Peanut butter just seems like a huge rite of childhood passage…and I can’t wait to make them a good ol’ peanut butter and banana sandwich one day.
3) The girls ate Mommy’s grilled chicken with homemade cilantro pesto…and liked it! I’m just guessing they were the only 18-month olds with cilantro breath in at least a three mile radius.
4) I gave the girls three new books (from the $1 section at Tar.get!), and they were occupied all.day.long. Of course that meant I was occupied reading to them all.day.long, but that’s just alright by me.
5) Daddy had a great time tickling the girls to the point of hysteria, and then “teaching” them to “tickle” me. They thought it was hilarious when I broke into a fit of (pretend) giggles…which eventually had all four of us laughing in earnest.
At the end of the day / week, having healthy baby girls for whom even a little cold is extremely rare…that’s a most fabulous blessing.