Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

June 9, 2015

Simple Pleasures

Just within the last couple of hours, I "indulged" in a couple of simple pleasures...ones I don't want to forget...

I got home from work this afternoon and I could hear Daddy and the girls have a large time in the basement.  They didn't hear me come in, though, so I changed clothes leisurely to the sounds of lots of laughter.  What sweet joy.

The girls eventually heard me and came bustling upstairs to invite me down to play ball with them.  We played for a few minutes, and then I came upstairs to get supper on the table.

The girls had gotten quite sweaty, and after supper I gave them the option of a quick shower or a bubble bath.  They agreed on the latter.

While I was getting the bathroom ready, Baby A yelled, "Can we have tall water, Mommy?"  I wasn't 100% sure I'd heard her, so I asked her for clarification.  "Tall water!" she said again.  And then, "T-A-L-L W-A-T-E-R!" she spelled.  Hee hee...I loved it!

I got the girls situated in "tall water" (which, as I'm typing this, reminds me of high cotton...HA!).  I could have used their soaking time to get some laundry rolling, or just sit down for a few minutes myself.  Instead, I decided to be in the moment with them.  I'm so glad I did.

"Can I join you?" I asked?  I had a book in my hand, and they didn't quite know what to make of it.  I sat on the side of the tub, my feet in the bubbles, and read them a few chapters of a cute little reader.  They were in little girl heaven.  So was I.

We finished our book before bedtime, and still had time for a night-night story.

So many fun little happies this evening.  I can't help but think of the adage, "Enjoy the small things...for one day you'll realize they are the big things."  #truth

Bath mit fun, taken a few months ago.  :) :)




2 comments:

cat said...

Oh boy, it truly is those little moments that just makes life worth everything

Marcia (123 blog) said...

what a lovely time for all three of you.

I do that too sometimes - no reading, just feet in the water and we talk ... the kids LOVE it (especially Connor)