Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

June 7, 2015

It's Starting...

Hairstyles.  

A month or so ago, I’d gently planted the seed with the girls about growing out their bangs.  I think they look perfectly adorable with their now-standard cuts, but I am guessing they won’t want bangs forever…and they’re painful to grow out…and we might as well do it when they’re younger…and summer is probably the best time to start.

Baby B was very open to the idea.  She talked about how she could pull her hair back to play soccer.  She was sold.

Baby A was not very excited, though.  She’s sometimes resistant to change, and I think that’s probably what was driving her reaction.

I continued to market the idea to both girls ahead of our haircut appointment last week.  B continued to be excited, and A continued to balk.  I even got our hairdresser in on the idea, and she talked it up as an adventure.

When it came time to make the cut (ahem), Baby A was adamantly against it.  I didn’t push her any further.  And so, here we are…the beginning of different hairstyles.  Gulp.




Baby B is learning the ropes of barrettes and hairbands.  Baby A has shown some slight interest, seeing B pick out some cute accessories.  She’s still loving her bangs, though, and that’s fine with me.

1 comment:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love that they have different hairstyles :) Forging their own way :)