We had another super-great week of swimming lessons. How I love to see my baby girls having such a fun time! And in other super news…
1) Out of the blue, Baby A exclaimed, “Mommy, your tummy must have been really big when I was in there!”
2) Daddy was teasing the girls that we would send them into the store to pick up something. He said we’d give them money, and B interrupted, “But money is dirty! We’ll need to wash our hands!”
3) We met Miss Demara with M&C at the bounce house last week, while five-week old A stayed home with her Daddy. My Baby A was so worried how he would feed the baby while Demara was with us. “But how will A eat?” I told her Mr. G would give her a bottle. “Well what will be in it? Milk from the gallon?” And then another discussion ensued about how the milk wouldn’t come from the store. I had to laugh…and beam…at her detailed questions.
4) B worried over her art supplies one morning, "This marker doesn't look washable, Mommy." I love that kid!
5) And I nearly fell out of my chair during art time another day, when Baby B asked me, "Mommy, what does 'pissed' mean?" Like what, Sweetie? Can you use it in a sentence? I replied, trying to remain very calm. "Like the 'sharp-pissed' crayon. You asked who had the 'sharpest' crayon." Whew!
6) The girls have been all about their baby dolls and building blocks this week. I love seeing them playing – in new ways – with the toys that have been such a part of our lives for over three years now!
7) On Friday night, we decided to go out for dinner, a rare treat. We sat outside at the Mellow Mushroom, and the girls had such fun. Afterwards, Baby A asked for ice cream. We’ve NEVER gone for ice cream so late…but we indulged ourselves with yet another treat. The girls were in heaven!
8) We had such a fun time at a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. I love seeing my girlies, playing with their friends.
9) My Facebook status on Monday morning: It's not quite 8:30. So far today, we have...unloaded the dishwasher (a group effort)...eaten breakfast...researched Finland, the Great Barrier Reef, and tornadoes (in that order)...set up a store...and had a pretend birthday party. We know how to kick off a Monday at our house!
10) On Tuesday we went to Mammoth Cave National Park to do a little hiking. Words cannot express how I love to be out in the woods, just the four of us. It’s the best family time ever!
|We saw a mommy deer and her baby...here, she'd just groomed his face.|
|At Sunset Point. The drop-off over the wall was only about 4', I promise!|
|Sisterly hug...I love it!!!|
|A tiny bit of "fall" color in the woods. (This pic is for Marcia!)|
And there you have it...our weekly super highlights!