It’s been another B-U-S-Y week, as evidenced by the sad lack of blog posts…but even amid the busyness, there’s a lot of super to be found!
1) We’ve had so much fun over the past couple of weeks, keeping tabs on the bunnies in our yard. One afternoon, we saw two adult bunnies, seeming to play with each other. One would charge at the other, and the second bunny would hop straight in the air to avoid the collision. They did this for a good three or four minutes. All the while, the baby bunny grazed nearby…so sweet!
2) My very dear friend – M&C’s mom – had her precious Baby A on Monday afternoon. I got to visit her a couple of times in the hospital, and the girls asked after each visit, “Was A out of Miss Demara’s tummy already?” I can’t begin to imagine how they were processing everything, but that just made me laugh.
3) Since Miss A was born, my A&B have been very attentive to their baby dolls. It’s so sweet to see, since they’ve been more focused on their furry babies over the past six months or so. They are absolutely chomping at the bit to meet Miss A soon!
4) Baby A called for me a couple of hours after bedtime one evening, which is rare. I bounded up the stairs to check on her, and was met with the sweetest, raspy little voice. “I love you, Mommy,” she said, and then she hugged and kissed my hand. She just needed a little reassurance, I guess, to settle back to sleep. It was definitely one of those I-love-being-a-mommy moments.
5) After a particularly busy afternoon, when I realized there just wasn’t enough time in the day to cook what I’d planned for supper, I made a quick decision to pick up a pizza on the way home. As we started to drive away, B said, “Mommy, I saw a sign on the door. It was an advertisement for a large pizza with two toppings, for 10 bucks.” I probably swerved the car at her deadpan statement. I didn’t see the advertisement, and I can’t imagine that was quite right – as it doesn’t sound like a very good deal – but her “10 bucks” had me rolling! I don’t think of myself as saying “bucks” very often…but maybe I do? She had to have heard it somewhere!
6) On Thursday morning we went out for breakfast…a rare treat that is almost always reserved for the weekend…and then we headed to Lost River Cave for an early morning hike. We hadn’t been since April, and it was so nice to see all the trees in their beautiful bright greens. It was a very hot day – even before lunchtime – but it’s so very shady there we were quite comfortable. I never tire of enjoying hikes with my sweet babies…and I love how observant they are of some of the neat little things that I would probably miss along the way.
7) The girls and I have been working on a multi-layered art project over the course of the past few days. It never fails that they pause at some point and say, “This is fun, Mommy!” It makes the gluey hands and fabric strings so very worth it.
8) Seeing the girls working on their silly faces!
9) I’ve let the girls help me unload the dishwasher the past few days. I know that’s something that most kids have been doing for a while at their age…but it’s a chore I REALLY dislike…and I am usually so focused on just getting it done that I didn’t want to invite any “helpers” into the mix on a regular basis. The girls have taken turns – one doing the utensils, while the other stacks dishes on the counter for me to put away. So far, they’re having a blast with it…and it’s actually made it a bit “fun” for me, not quite as dreaded, actually, as it typically is.
10) Aunt Alison sent the girls new outfits to mark their first day of preschool last August. They were a bit big at the time, but they fit perfectly now. The girls wore them for the first time this week, and they could not get enough of their “twirl dresses”. I fear they could get used to this!
11) The girls and I have eaten a couple of times at a new-to-us bakery close to downtown. This week we had the opportunity to visit there with Daddy for lunch. The girls were so cute, showing Daddy “our” table and telling him what they like there. Fortunately, Daddy liked it to, so we’ll definitely be going back!
12) For a long time the girls have been making up words. “What does 'alla-bob-kich-a' mean, Mommy?” they’ll ask…and then LAUGH. Usually their “words” are so conjured it’s almost impossible to transcribe them, but they threw out an easier one a couple of days ago. I thought I would note it for posterity’s sake. "'Bop' is another word for 'pillow'. I just made it up," Baby A told me. That was followed by hysterical giggles, in stereo.
13) One morning, the girls were planning a trip with their babies, and I asked them where they were going. Baby A stated emphatically, "The Empire State building!" A few seconds later, B reconsidered, "Or maybe the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I'm not sure." B proceeded to make the tallest tower she could manage, and told me it was, in fact, the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
So thankful for lots of super with my baby girls!!!