Woo hoo!!! Look at me, back on track with my weekly “super” highlights!
1) I took the girls to my favorite downtown coffee shop last week…I treated myself to a latte, and the girls got (to share) their very first fruit smoothie. It was a beautiful day and we sat outside in the courtyard. There was only one other couple outside, and I noticed they had a pack of cigarettes on their table. I whispered to the girls that we would stay outside unless those people started smoking. All was well…the girls were enjoying their big-girl drinks…until Baby A got all panicked. Big tears welled up in her eyes and she started to tremble. What is it, Baby? She glanced over at the table next to us, and sure enough, they’d started smoking. I had to suppress my laughter and my extreme sense of pride at her disgust over that nasty habit. That’s my girl!!!
|Baby A, enjoying her smoothie.|
2) The girls and I had lunch at a new (to us) bakery in town. We noticed several people there, picking up lunch to go. That prompted Baby A…”Mommy, when I’m a vet, I’ll pick up my lunch at a restaurant and take it back to my office to eat it.” I love how the girls are really getting into this grown-up “vet” scenario…working through so many details!
3) The girls had their first tumbling class last week. A full post to come, but I had to note how sweet it was that B got A’s shoes for her when it was time to go. I love seeing my girls taking care of each other, especially in a new / unfamiliar situation.
4) Baby A seems to have declared “definitely” her word of the week. She’s used it to respond to the simplest of statements…”It looks like we got more rain overnight.” “DEFINITELY!!!” And she says it with such gusto.
5) At bedtime we were reading “Guess How Much I Love You”. The girls always say the last line with me…”I love you to the moon…and back.” Baby A looked right at me afterwards and said, “But Mommy, the sun is farther than the moon,” like it was a glaring omission in the text. Hahaha! I love my babies!
6) Hubby was telling the girls that, when we move into the new house, he would make breakfast for the girls one day. I wish I had had a camera to record the look of confusion on A’s face. It was priceless!!!
7) One evening after supper, the girls were playing while Daddy and I were cleaning the kitchen. I overheard B say to A, “Sissy....I think you need to go potty.” I still remind Baby A to take a potty break occasionally (even more than two years after training), as she sometimes gets too busy to take that time for herself. I thought it was too funny that B picked up on her body language.
8) The girls have been playing “Mama chick and baby chick” for the last few days. It is so stinkin’ adorable. I don’t think I’ve seen them change roles…Baby B has been the “mama” and A has been the “baby”. B will say, “Baby Chick…come here! Baby Chick…do you need help? Here, Baby Chick…let Mommy Chick help you!” And A will flap her little “wings” and call out, “Mommy Chick! Where are you? Mommy Chick…I looooove you! Mommy Chick…can you help me?” So sweet!!!
9) I loved seeing the girls get so excited over meeting the tiniest of dogs at the downtown square on Saturday. They always love animals, but they get intimidated pretty easily. They eventually warmed up to pet sweet Sophia, and they're still talking about her.
10) We attended the "Second Saturdays" fair downtown, and we listened to a band playing a couple of songs, including Andy Grammar's "Fine by Me". That's one of "our" songs [the songs on the girls' CD I made them last summer] and my little B sung all the words. Hee hee!
And for these and many, many more super things, I am very grateful!