Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

June 23, 2013

A Bit About Me, June (Anniversary) Edition

My birthday is February 23, so on the 23rd of each month, I post a couple of random things about me.  My wedding anniversary is June 22, so I usually dedicate June's randomness to something couple-related.



We’ve had some pretty hectic anniversaries.

Not less than a week before our first anniversary, we’d just made our first move, from Alabama to Mississippi.  We were in a tiny rental house while we searched for a house to buy.  We were living out of boxes and trying to find where we’d packed our drinking glasses.  We had to ask a neighbor we’d just met to recommend a nice restaurant. 

Our next two anniversaries were relatively uneventful, but we had another “just moved” celebration for Year #4.  Ten years ago, we moved into our current house, and we again dusted ourselves off the best we could to treat ourselves to an anniversary dinner.

This year, I’d REALLY hoped to mark another “just moved” celebration with the move into our new house, which was originally scheduled for June 20.  The completion date has been moved back a few weeks, though, so we had a relatively uneventful (in a good way!) celebration instead.

We don’t look to make these anniversaries so helter-skelter, I promise…but maybe it speaks to marriage…home is where your family is…and it doesn’t have to be picture-perfect to be good.

I love sushi.

This is no secret, but we haven’t had sushi in quite a long time.  Our favorite restaurant is one the girls like, too, but it becomes really pricey, really quick, so we don’t take them there often. 

Last night, after the girls were soundly in bed, Miss Jenny came over to monitor-sit.  Hubby and I scored “our” table (Table 5) at “our” restaurant, and lucked out with the owner’s daughter waiting on us.  It was a little surreal, as we haven’t sat there – one of the few two-tops in the restaurant – in a really long time.  We savored our favorite rolls and some yummy sake, and then were surprised with Japanese ice cream for dessert.

Yes, I love sushi…and I loved sharing the evening with my hubby, enjoying some of our favorite things, together.

7 comments:

Mrs FF said...

Happy wedding anniversary. Wish you many many more years of happiness, friendship and love.

Ps: your anniversary is the same day as my mom's birthday :)

Charlene Juliani said...

Happy Anniversary!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Happy anniversary to the two of you - the way I see it, you can just celebrate AGAIN when you're in the house - maybe 22 July?

cat said...

Oh I want some alone time with hubby too

cat said...

And of course, happy happy annuversary

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm. sushi!! :)

happy anniversary! wahoo!

Unknown said...

Sushi...you know I share the love, too!

I have a confession to make. I was out shopping today and was near the one sushi place even remotely close to us (still 20-30 minutes from home...). I stopped and had lunch by myself. I didn't tell hubby I had sushi - he'd be so jealous!

Happy Belated Anniversary!