1) On our way home from our yogurt treat on Saturday afternoon, we happened upon a hot air balloon inflating at the golf course. We were able to park and get out and watch it lift off, which was really cool. Baby A kept saying, “But I don’t want to get in the basket!” (I guess she thought that was an option, like in one of our Curious George stories???) When we got home we went for a walk in the neighborhood, and we were able to see the balloon during most of our walk. We’d lose sight of it behind the trees, and then someone would spot it again. The girls were so excited!
2) From the time they were a year or so, until maybe 18 months, the girls love to both pile in my lap for me to read them books. They gradually moved away from that practice…both as they got bigger and they often wanted to be doing different things. For some reason this week, that’s en vogue again…and I’m soaking up every moment. It is more difficult to balance two babes and turn the pages of a book, though!
3) Of her own accord, Baby B asked to sit on the potty on Wednesday!!! While we haven’t exactly been high and dry ever since, I haven’t changed a diaper in three days!
4) After a successful trip to Target on Tuesday morning, we met “Aunt” Karen for lunch at Panera. I discovered recently that they like grilled cheese sandwiches, and they love the vegetarian black bean soup there. As eating out goes, it’s pretty healthy…and the girls devoured it. Some of the “healthy” was offset by the manager bringing the girls a gigantic cookie, “just because”, but it was such a sweet – and unexpected! – treat.
5) The girls had fun doing a little glue project this week, and also helping a bit in the kitchen. I let them dip the tops of some pumpkin spice muffins in butter, and then in cinnamon-sugar. They were so thrilled…the first thing they told Daddy when he came home was, “We made muffins for your colleagues!”
6) And the quote of the week??? Baby B said, “Daddy looks like an elephant!” I asked why, and they both answered, “Because he has on a blue shirt!” Gotta love their logic (?), or at least their imaginations!
And what did I do for ME this week???
I cleaned out and reorganized my closet…hallelujah! And, after a somewhat nutty morning on Thursday, I mixed away my stress by baking pumpkin spice muffins…yum!
What made your week fabulous?
Thanks to Dollimama for hosting this awesome link-up, and welcome back to Blogland! We missed you!!! Head over to check out how she's keeping her groove...and wish her a [slightly belated] happy birthday while you're there!