How is it Friday already??? Daddy has been on Fall Break this week, and we’ve been making the most of each and every day. This fabulous week has flown by!
1) We were stopped in traffic in front of a Hardee’s. From the backseat, Baby B said, “Mommy, is that Starbucks?” I told her it was Hardee’s…a long way removed from Starbucks. “But it has a star,” she rationalized. I’ve been beaming over that display of logic all week.
2) Every morning we look at our Page-a-Day calendar, which has a picture of a kitty, along with his name and the city and state in which he lives. Over the past couple of months we’ve been looking at the kitty’s state on the map each morning. One morning the kitty was from Minnesota. Before getting the map, I told the girls that Minnesota was next to Wisconsin. A little while later, I heard B ask her Daddy, “Do you know where Minnesota is?” Before he had a chance to answer, she volunteered, “It’s on the map!” I don’t think she was trying to make a joke, but it sure made me cackle.
3) The girls have been stuck on the song “Found a Peanut”. It’s hilarious to hear them finagle the lyrics…and try to keep up with each other’s changes as they try to sing together. I L-O-V-E it!
4) I wish I could have recorded the conversation the girls and I had after they helped me pick out a baby gift at Target. It started with, “The baby will say ‘thank you’?” I explained that he was still in his mommy’s tummy, so she would say thank you for him. I told him the baby would be born in the hospital. “Our hospital?” they asked. Yes. “Is he getting his bag ready?” And on and on.
5) [KNOCKING ON WOOD AGAIN…] The girls have napped every day but one this week. They’ve just generally been in good spirits, playing and sharing and having fun. It doesn’t always go this way, but it makes for such an awesome week.
And what did I do for ME this week???
I got a pedicure on Sunday, all by my lonesome. In fact, I was the only one in the salon, and it was great. My piggy toes are now a shiny orange-ish color (in a good way), my small tribute to fall…with thanks to warmer-than-usual weather so I can still wear flip-flops to show off said piggy toes!