Counting my blessings for another fab-filled week!
1) On Friday afternoon, the timing worked out for us to meet Daddy downtown after school to go to the post office. We’d planned to have a little snack at our favorite coffee shop, but by the time we finished, it was closer to supper time. Spur of the moment, we decided to go to one of our favorite shabby-chic restaurants for The Best Pizza on the Planet. Seriously. The pizza was scrumptious, for sure…but it was so much more than that. It was awesome being able to go out to dinner spur of the moment, and to so fully enjoy a meal together, so effortlessly.
2) Our twin friends K and K had their third birthday party on Saturday, at an indoor play place. The girls had an absolute blast in the bounce houses (as did Mommy!). It was so fun to watch B climbing all over the place, and so sweet to see A claim a baby doll and push it around in a stroller. And of course it’s always great to see my girlies playing with their friends.
3) The girls have been all about letters this week. A favorite pastime has been them asking me, “What does ____ start with?” I’ll sound out the word, and maybe give them a clue, and they usually get it. Baby A has taken a real interest in writing letters, too. She’s mastered A, I, T, E, F. And I could not believe when she asked me on Thursday, “What does Whitey [their stuffed bear] start with?” I told her “W”, and 15 seconds later, she said, “Is this a ‘W’?” She drew it without any instruction!!!
4) We hosted our twin friends M and C, who are 9 months younger than A and B, for a play date on Tuesday. It was so fun to see the dynamics of the group. Baby A hung with the boys and played with the train set for quite some time, while B pretended to run errands. We’d talked about sharing before M and C got here. A couple of times, I caught A taking a toy from one of the boys. When I called her on it, she said, “He needs to share.” Um, still have some work to do there!
5) And the quotes of the week?
The four of us were snuggling in the den, the first thing Friday morning. Baby A was twitching her nose, and I asked if she smelled something. “I smell Daddy.” What does Daddy smell like? “Like he needs to take a shower.” Not true (at least to my nose)...but oh, so funny!
And I overheard B explaining to A about a toy, “…and if it rolled under the couch, Daddy would get it when he gets home...because he's the master of getting stuff."