Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

November 22, 2011

Following Directions is Not Our Strong Suit...Or We Lean Heavily Towards Impressionism

I had [what I thought was] a fantastic idea...the girls would help me make gift tags for our holiday goodies! Brilliant, right?!

The peanut brittle and peppermint bark will be made long after their bedtime in the evenings...but they could still make a very meaningful contribution to the presentation of the gift (in addition to the caroling we're practicing).

I decided that they could finger paint a wreath. As a second step, we could add some dots of red paint, or maybe some red stickers, or maybe some ribbon.

I cut some squares from white card stock and used a pencil to draw a circle on each. I dressed the girls in their smocks, and got plenty of wet wipes handy.

I dipped my finger into the green paint to illustrate how to make a wreath...


Simple, right?

Except I got a lot of this [Baby A]...


...and this [Baby B]...


I revised my instructions, asking the girls to fill in the circle, which yielded this [Baby A]...


...and this [Baby B]...


Better...but still not quite wreath-like. I'm seeing more of an evergreen swag (once we add a bow or something)...


We'll see what Mama's craft punches and a little glitter glue can do.

...to be continued...

[But no matter the outcome, I'm already having so much fun celebrating the holidays with my baby girls!!! And anyone who can't appreciate some messy finger paint artwork isn't deserving of my kitchen confections, anyway! HA!]

7 comments:

championm2000 said...

Precious!

This reminded me of the Mother's Day cards I tried with the babies this past year. Good thing they were for the Grandmas because the "impressionism" just made them all the more endearing to the recipients.

I am sure whoever gets these priceless works of art will feel the same way!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

I think it is very artistic-like...bravo girls! I would love a tag like that...anything handmade is the best!

:)

Julia said...

I'm sure that whoever gets your peppermint bark and the gift tags made lovingly by your baby girls---will LOVE them! :)

You have such creative ways of including your girlies in on every aspect of Christmas---love it! (and I'm taking notes :))

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love the gift tags! Recipes and tutorial to follow???


I'm not that patient :) but I saw a set of 4 stamps for finger painting and stamping, and I'm thinking to let them decorate the brown kraft paper to wrap the grannies' gifts. I honestly don't think anyone else will think the "art" is cute LOL

Jen said...

You could just have them paint the cards and then cut the wreaths out, since they're not getting the circle concept, lol. Then do red fingerprints on them! :-)

Unknown said...

You KNOW that whoever is on the receiving end of those is going to love them, no matter what they look like!!

Super cute idea!

cat said...

Ag cute - I think they do well. I am sure you can make something out of them.