I seriously can’t believe it’s FRIDAY already...I guess time flies when you have a fabulous week! :)
1) Since we didn’t have plans to take the girls to dinner over the weekend, we decided to make snack time on Saturday afternoon more of an event. We went to one of our favorite locally-owned restaurants and got an appetizer of spinach-artichoke dip. We let the girls "sit in chairs like big girls” (i.e. they didn’t have to sit in high chairs), and we all really enjoyed that little treat.
2) I took the girls for a walk, hand-in-hand, in the neighborhood on Sunday afternoon. Since it was pretty sunny I put on their sun hats. If I do say so, it was stinkin’ adorable to see them toddling along on either side of me with those plaid bonnets.
3) The weather through the first part of the week was fantastic. Knowing we were headed for much cooler weather starting Wednesday, I took the girls for frozen yogurt on Tuesday afternoon. Then we went downtown and walked around the Square and made a couple of blocks. It was such a nice change of scenery…and the first time I’d taken them downtown – sans stroller – by myself.
4) The girls accompanied me two other times outside of the stroller this week, once to the bank, and once to an office supply store for a quick errand. I am still only comfortable to do this if I can mostly have both hands free, but the practice is good for all of us.
5) The girls’ conversation skills continue to amaze me. While this is not a lengthy example, it’s a funny one…Hubby asked Baby B for a nose kiss one night. She looked at him and grinned and told him “no”. He acted offended, and she said, “Maybe tomorrow!” Hahaha!!!
And what did I do for ME this week?
I have not one, but TWO, things to report!
Miss Jennifer was here on Friday afternoon and I left the house to run an errand. I was done quickly, and I called Hubby to see where he was. He said he was just pulling into the driveway at home. “Avert! Avert!” I told him. We met at the yogurt shop for a mini-date. I indulged in some candy-coated goodness that I would never share with the girls, and we relaxed for a few minutes and wound up the week. It was such an awesome spur-of-the-moment treat!
And on Saturday night, Hubby and I went for a late dinner after the girls were in bed. We ate at a Mediterranean restaurant downtown, the first restaurant we ate in when we moved here. I had an awesome homemade pizza and a great salad. And we even had time to swing by the Dairy Queen on the way home.
(And yes, that’s a lot of yogurt / ice cream in one week…but man, was it good!!!)
Thanks so much to Dolli-Mama for hosting the 52 Weeks of Me! Challenge. It's a great way to recognize what we do for ourselves each week.
I'm also linking up with my great Aussie blogger friend, MultipleMum, who's doing a "What I'm Grateful For" link-up today. I'm grateful for lots of fabulous time with my girlies this week...and some fabulous alone-time with the hubs!