I could sum up most of the week in five fabulous words, “The Weather Has Been Great!” but then I’d miss elaborating on the other fabulous highlights…
1) We had fantastic weather Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. No, that’s not the entire week, but I will certainly take those three days of sunshine and temperatures plenty nice for our full +3-mile hikes through the neighborhood. Fresh air does a body – and a mind! – some kinda good!
2) Baby B has started saying, “You crack me up!” It’s not always in context, but it cracks me up just the same!
3) The girls have been paying compliments to the chef at the dinner table, which absolutely melts my heart. They’ll say, “Good oatmeal!” or “Carrots good!” They’ll even ask, “How Mommy’s lunch?”
4) The girls accompanied me for a haircut on Monday (as did Daddy…I still need an extra set of hands in that situation!). Usually I get my hair trimmed; then Baby A sits in my lap for her trim; and finally Baby B takes her turn. Hubby happened to ask Baby B – who is usually far more tentative than her sister – if she wanted to go first. She said she did, and her little chin didn’t even quiver once! She was such a big girl, and I couldn’t have been more proud!
5) Both girls do this, but Baby A is particularly funny when she “affirms” something she’s said. “[Baby A] no have on bunny shirt today, noooooooo.” She is just so emphatic, it’s too cute.
And what did I do for ME this week?
I had a fabulous week myself, with a couple of slightly-belated birthday celebrations. On Friday afternoon I had a massage…ahhh…heaven!
And Friday night, after the girlies were in bed, I met three girlfriends for a late dinner at our favorite Mexican dive. Between the four of us we probably ate four baskets of chips, with all the accoutrements, and we laughed until our faces hurt. Good stuff.