Another fabulous week!
1) I got the sweetest glimpse of sisterhood as I was going into the girls’ room on Thursday morning. Both girls were standing in their cribs, looking at each other. Although I’d already heard them talking to each other over the monitor, Baby B was saying, “Hey [Baby A], how are you?” So stinkin’ cute.
2) The girls have gotten really serious about Mommy’s and Daddy’s wellbeing lately. They’ll caution, “Be careful, Mommy,” as I’m climbing over the baby gate (taking a clue from their Daddy). They’ve also started asking, “How Mommy’s lunch?” and, “How Daddy’s day?”
3) The girls have been able to fill in the blanks of stories and rhymes for many months now, and they’ve been reciting portions of songs for a long time. Just this week Baby A belted out “Baa, Baa, Black Sheep” in its entirety, of her own accord. I’m so proud of her!
4) On a related note, Baby A has been taking books from me and saying, “I read it to Mommy!” She’ll let me get her started with reciting the text on a page, or she’ll narrate pictures as she turns the pages. Pretty cool!
5) Just this week the girls have started employing some personal pronouns. “…to me, “ “...for us,” “I do it.” I know speaking in third person is part of normal language development…but I’m also thankful it’s beginning to sound a little less Rainman-ish around here!
And what did I do for ME this week???
Daddy had a late day on Friday, so he wasn’t home in time to eat supper with the girls. In such cases I usually just heat up some leftovers for us, but I decided a mini-date night was in order instead.
After the girls went to bed, I sent Hubby to pick up Chinese takeout…something we literally haven’t had in years. I set the table with real place settings (no Styrofoam takeout trays for us!), turned on some music, and dimmed the lights. We so enjoyed that little treat!