Wow…I can’t believe it’s Friday again already! There was a lot of fabulousness in this week, and it just flew by!
1) I started giving the girls piggy-back rides a few days ago. They’re not steady enough for the traditional stance, though, so I have to crawl around with one arm holding them on my back. (Yeah, we don’t make it very far!) It’s happened a few times that one of them will come and lean against my back and put her arms around my neck when I’m sitting on the floor (a very subtle hint for a ride). I could melt.
2) The girls have been holding hands a lot more lately. They do it sometimes when they’re in the jogging stroller. I can’t see their faces, but I can see their little hands clasped together…so sweet.
3) Over the past couple of months, the girls have been really interested in books. Their primary interest was in picture books, though, and they liked to sign the pictures they knew, and it sometimes seemed to be a game to see how quickly they could turn the pages. Mid-week, they decided it was OK to have Mommy read them books again. There’s still a long of signing and page-turning going on, but they’ve been more content to listen to a (very short) story. Finally!
4) Auntie Judith was in town this week from Seattle, and she got to spend a little while with the girls one afternoon. Although we only see her about once a year, she is such a wonderful part of our “family”. And it was the sweetest thing to see Baby B warm up enough to eventually give her nose kisses over and over again.
5) Baby A has been walking around the den with her hands behind her back. She looks like she’s practicing for kindergarten. Kindergarten???! Whoa…Mommy needs a deep breath…