Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

November 9, 2012

The One Area in Which I Don't Get Too Far Behind...

In theory, I'm a scrapbooker.  I have scores of beautiful papers, drawers full of cool scissors and neat paper punches, and files of fantastic accent stickers.

But.

I may be a bit behind in my scrapbooking.  A bit...or I may have only completed a handful of pages in the past four years.

To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

The one saving grace is that I don't allow myself to get too far behind in editing my pictures.  My goal is to edit and order the previous month's pictures by the middle of the following month.  I do lapse occasionally, but -- I'm SUPER proud to report -- I'm actually caught up as of this moment!

And with those edited pictures, I create quarterly photobooks.

I did my first photobook when the girls were a couple of months old.  By now we have quite a collection, and it's pretty cool to sit down and look at how "published" our sweet baby girls are.

Here's a peek at the photobook I just created, for the first quarter of 2012.

(I may be caught up on photos, but slightly behind on photobooks.  All things considered, though, not too bad!)



I'm a big fan of Shutterfly.  I use them for all my photo editing and printing, and all my photobooks.  (I also use them for all our holiday cards, and various cards throughout the year...as well as lots of different photo gifts.)

Since I first started doing photobooks, Shutterfly has so many new options...I love having the ability to customize each page.  I can now get just as creative online as I could using all my papers and scissors and punches...at least in theory.  :)

[In exchange for sharing this project, I received compensation from Shutterfly.  All views expressed are my own.  Thanks, Shutterfly!]

4 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Cute! I use Mixbook to make my blog into books. I'm behind too... :)

I love your book! I could just eat your girls up. The picture of them in their little chef hats and aprons is adorable!!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

i love that you keep up with this :)

to be honest, it's my most disorganised area of my life.

Although since I got the big camera, i've had to keep up because I take such a lot.

Unknown said...

I used to upload pictures to snapfish every month and print pics. I started scrapbooks when J&S were babies but didn't get far. My goal the past 2 summers was to at least get each kids 1st year into a photobook. I got Sarah's done this summer and started Jacob's but haven't gotten any further.

I've heard of the idea of publishing the blog into a scrapbook and should look into that - might be my best bet! ha! That way the best pics and the writing is all set. ;-)

Anonymous said...

1. i was just thinking of you and mandy and marcia the other day when i was getting worried that i haven't downloaded pictures in MONTHS because i'm waiting for a new laptop battery. we could put them just on B's laptop...but that freaks me out a little bit.

2. do you do seperate books for each girl also? i'm wondering if/when i should start that. right now i do the combo book and am super anal about making sure there are equal number of individual pictures. i never want one to feel more "loved". overkill? probably. but the kind of siblings i grew up with force me to do this!! :)

great book, btw. love the pictures with the "computers". my kiddos do that too and it cracks me up!