(This post is a bit belated, but I didn’t want to forget some of the sweet things from a couple of weeks ago.)
GG came to visit in late June. It was a visit much anticipated by all of us. We were so glad to have her here!
The girls and I went down to Alabama, our second trip just the three of us. Our first stop was Aunt Alison’s house. It’s always such a treat to sit back, relax, and catch up. (Well, that’s what Alison and I did while the girlies played!)
That afternoon, we headed to Granddaddy’s house. We had the most awesome dinner at The Fish Market. I didn’t realize the scenery was going to be so picturesque, or I would have taken my camera. We sat right on the river. We enjoyed some fun live music, and the girls enjoyed watching the boats come in for supper. Oh, and the food was delicious!
The next day, the girls and I went to visit our newest baby cousin, Z. She is precious!!! The girls were enamored with her…once they got a taste of holding her, they didn’t want to stop!
We had another fun afternoon at Granddaddy’s house. Although it was HOT, we got in a lot of outside play time. Granddaddy surprised the girls with these planes…
…and we all got to admire Granddaddy’s new car. WOW!!! He took us for a very short ride around the block. (I was incredibly nervous, since the girls didn’t have car seats, but we literally didn’t see another car at 6pm on Sunday evening.) The girls thought it was AWESOME to ride with the top down!!!
The next day, GG, Uncle Tommy, and Aunt Janet came to Granddaddy’s for an early lunch. We enjoyed a short visit, and then we loaded up and brought GG back home with us. I didn’t get to enjoy as much time with GG as I would have liked…I was at work my usual schedule…but the girls and GG (and Daddy) had a great time together. Here are a few of the highlights…
· GG and the cats. GG met Miki and Alex for the first time. She loved them! And Miki, in particular, liked her. He was quite taken with her hair, combing his little paw through it every chance he got. He obviously got some kind of kick from this, and GG definitely did!
· “Helping” GG. GG took it upon herself to make sure the girls’ beds were made every day. B was glad to supervise. (Sigh.) GG told me that B was directing her how to put the blanket. GG cracked me up when she recounted it. “I’ve got it, B,” GG told her. HA! And how cute it was to hear A caution GG, “Careful!” as she went up the stairs.
· Giggles. I called home on Monday to check on everyone. Hubby answered the phone, to an ongoing chorus of giggles in the background.
· Mastery. While GG was here, B mastered the hula hoop! She’s been able to do it for a year or so, but something clicked, and she’s got it now without a doubt.
· Kudos. On Thursday, the ‘fam picked me up from work and we all went to lunch. I asked around the table how everyone liked their food. “This is good, Mommy. Amazing, actually. Fantastic,” A said.
· Fun. On Friday night, Hubby needed to cut the grass, and I didn’t have much planned in the way of supper. Since it was just us girls, I decided to spring something different on everyone. We had a “picnic” in the den…PB&J sandwiches on towels while we listened to GG’s favorite singer, Willie Nelson, on CD. It’s obvious that it doesn’t take much to impress the girlies. “This is the best night ever,” A told me.
What a GREAT week! One I don't want to forget, for sure!!!