So much silly, SUPER stuff at our house this week!
1) Baby A came running up to me: “Mommy! ‘Gulp’ has four letters!” The girls are on the verge of sounding out words, and I thought that was pretty awesome!
2) One sweet little memory I don’t want to forget is how excited the girls get to watch the chickens cooking on the rotisserie when we go to Sam’s. They’ll stand there and wave, “Hey, chickens!” Hahaha!
3) At Sam’s, they have most of their prices displayed in really big signs (at least in comparison to regular grocery stores). Baby A read almost every sign to me…correctly! “Mommy, that costs fifteen dollars and eighty-seven cents! Mommy, that costs five dollars and twenty-four cents!” She solicited quite a few laughs from people shopping near us.
4) On Wednesday, we’d planned to meet a friend at the park. She had to reschedule, but the girls and I went ahead with a hike, a little bit of play time, and then a picnic lunch. It was so incredibly pleasant, and it just made this mama’s heart smile! The girls were full of pep on the 1.25-mile hike, even up the hills! They played nicely for a few minutes on the playground, and didn’t protest or drag their feet when it was time to leave the playground. We found a nice picnic table for our lunch. I opened their containers, and they ate every morsel, with no spills and no requests for help. WOW!
5) On Friday morning the girls and I went to Panera for a mid-morning snack. We’d been in the habit of doing that last school year, before doing our weekly grocery shopping, but we haven’t done it much over the last few months. It was so nice to be back in familiar surroundings with my babies!
6) We hadn’t been out for breakfast in a while, either, so we hit our favorite country-cooking restaurant on Saturday. The girls ate French toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon, and they didn’t leave a morsel on their plates!
7) When we got home from breakfast, we decided on a family walk in the neighborhood. The girls asked to go in their jogging stroller. :) Daddy and I took turns pushing them, and it was such a sweet throw-back to when they were smaller. In fact, it was almost exactly four years ago we got that stroller…it’s served us well!
8) On Saturday we needed to be at the new house to accept delivery on some appliances. The house was cleaned a couple of days ago, so for the first time we got to relax a bit. I took one of the girls’ storybooks, and we made official use of the reading room. I loved seeing them lounging on the carpet, taking it all in!
|My dream WINDOW SEAT is behind the girls!|
9) One morning I told B that she was a funny girl. "Yes," she said, "the funniest I've ever seen." She's humble, too.
10) And I overheard the girls playing…B said to A, "Sissy, do you want to go on a hunt for Christmas trees and dinosaur babies?" I love their imaginations (even if they do have their time periods a bit confused).
So thankful for this SUPER stuff!