Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

September 22, 2014

My (Dusty) Camera

Since the girls started school and I started back to work, I realized I haven't had my camera out nearly as often as I always have.  It isn't literally dusty (the horror!!!), but my September14 picture file was sadly thin.

I packed my camera this past Saturday morning, as the girls and I went to our beloved Jackson's Orchard for their annual Orchestra in the Orchard event.  [I have pictures from our visit each year that I could pull out...but I'm not quite that organized these days.]

Here are a few of my faves...

We started out, listening to the orchestra, under the shade of an apple tree.


Since we didn't get there as early as we'd planned, our spot wasn't very good, and we decided to find a snack.  In line, we ran into none other than "Grandma" June!!!  It had been waaaay too long since we saw her...what a fantastic treat!!!


The girls enjoyed playing...


...and Grandma June insisted she take a picture of the three of us.  What a rare treat!


And last, but certainly not least, we scoped out the pumpkins.



After a super-fun morning, the girls and I headed downtown for lunch.  We opted for Tea Bayou, one of my frequent haunts from the girls' preschool days.  How I'd missed that little place, too!

Here are the girlies, waiting on our food, near-tuckered out from a full morning of sun and fun...


And I had to snap a picture of A, trying to eat a big muffaletta.  It's hard to eat when you're short on teeth!!!


Before we wrapped up our sweet time together, we made a pit stop by the downtown fountain.  This picture opp never gets old.


I've been missing time with my precious babies...and with my camera!  So glad I got a good dose of both this Saturday.

{heart}

4 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I know what you mean! But on Thursday last week I said to Connor, "when I get home tomorrow, be ready - we're going for a photowalk!"

K nagged D so he came along too and we had a LOVELY time!

Also, B's face in most of the photos... #thisis5 :)

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

It seems like as they get older, the camera doesn't come out as often. I'm glad you are working on it. I am too. I remember going through pictures of my brother and I and realizing that there were half as many pictures of us between 8 and 12 as there were in the cute baby years and high school (where kids suddenly become in charge of their own photos). I like to tell myself that when I forget to take pictures, it is because we are too busy having fun and enjoying the moment. ;)

I love seeing your babies grow. They are still as precious as ever.

Heather said...

I haven't used the camera much in September either! Thank goodness for weekends. We will probably go get our pumpkins this weekend, which we always bring the camera to.

Mrs FF said...

I thought of Marcia's #thisis5 in the picture of you with the girls :)

Lots of lovely pictures here. And hope you don't let the phone father dust for too long again

I haven't used a proper camera in over a year. Good thing I'm able to get some decent pictures with the iPhone