Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

February 14, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes!

I honestly can’t say I remember much about Valentine’s Day last year. The girls were just shy of six weeks old, and I know that means they were eating roughly every four hours. They weren’t yet sleeping through the night, and Mommy and Daddy were probably dragging a bit.

Fortunately, we did make pictures of the girls in their “I Want Lots of Kisses!” onesies. Look how sweet and tiny they were!

And wow…what a difference a year makes! At 13 months old, the girls are eating three square meals a day. They love to laugh and play, and at the end of the day, they sleep like little angels (knock on wood!). Mommy and Daddy are well-rested, and enjoying every minute of it.

Check out my baby girls in their Valentine’s Day frocks!

While I think the girls were content on this day last year, I would bet they had a good deal more fun this year. Mommy made them special strawberry cupcakes with strawberry cream cheese icing.
They were apprehensive of the first bite, but they were soon “grunting” for more!

Valentine’s is the first holiday the girls “celebrated” after they were born. We may just have to make this a tradition…dressing them up in hearts aglow and taking their pictures. It will be a fun way to see how they grow.

Thinking back to last year, I know I thought my heart couldn’t get any fuller, but it somehow continues to grow with each day…with each smile…with each snuggle…with each new milestone. So here’s to many more!

1 comment:

The Thornton's said...

Ok, now I'm sitting here at my desk sobbing. Thanks a lot! Hee hee. The girls have grown so much, and they are so beautiful!