Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

August 3, 2016

Way Back When-esday: Presidential Prowess

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking way back to eight years ago.  I was pregnant.   And it was the height of the primary season ahead of the 2008 presidential election.

Not knowing the genders of the babies just yet, I assumed – for the sake of conversation – that we had one boy and one girl.  And I gave them the in-utero names Barack and Hillary.

I remember my colleagues and I had some fun with that one. 


Hee hee!

Fast-forward eight years to today, ahead of the 2016 presidential election.  We’re still having lots of political dialogue…but this time the girls are more verbal participants.  Here are a couple of my more recent faves…

“Mommy, why don't you run for president?”…and then, “Well, you’re the president of our house.”

And when I mentioned that Daddy couldn’t be president [because he’s not a natural-born citizen], Baby B piped up before I could elaborate, “Because he’s Independent!”  Hahaha!


I’m hoping my girls will always have a passion for politics and world events.  Heaven knows we started ‘em early!

My red, white, and blue babies!

***

Shout-out to the always awesome Cheryl at Twinfatuation for inspiring this Way Back-Whenesday post!

2 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

OH. MY. GOSH. LOVE that your two in-utero were Barack and Hillary.
Here's what our two were doing---at 7---at that same time. :)
http://twinfatuation.blogspot.com/2008/06/our-political-pair-and-primaries.html

Our kiddos CLEARLY need to meet!

Love you, and your two...and thanks for playing along!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

My two were called The Girl and The Boy in utero :)

Your elections are fascinating to me.... in a watching an accident kind-of way :0