Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

August 24, 2016

Way Back When-esday: The First Day of School

I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed as of late at how BIG my BABIES are.  My A is getting pretty close to my shoulder!  And my B, while not as tall, is looking so grown-up with her shorter hair.

After snapping this adorable picture of the girls holding hands walking into school a couple of weeks ago...

Heading off to second grade!
...I knew I had a "match" from a few years ago.  Honestly, though, I couldn't bring myself to dig it up right away.

I finally braved the file of older pictures, and -- sure enough -- I gasped at what BABIES my baby girls were.  It seems like just a couple of years ago that they marched bravely into preschool.  Surely it couldn't have been FOUR YEARS.

Heading off to preschool!
Wowza!  Pigtails and all!

It surely tugs at my heartstrings...but I'm thankful for this little walk down Memory Lane...hand in hand.

And I'm thankful to Cheryl at Twinfatuation for prompting this Way Back When-esday post!

{Now pardon me while I grab a tissue.  I seem to have something in my eye.}

3 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh Mandy! My eyes seem to have something in them, too!

Thank you for sharing this sweet repeat with us, and for playing along!

cat said...

Oh Mandy - how very sweet! All the best for the new school year

Mandy said...

The dust is terrible here, too! There has been far too much growing up over here, although I'm not sure we can beat A!