1) GG visited us last week. I love seeing how much the girls adore her, and her, the girls.
2) I [finally!] bought the first “Little House on the Prairie” book for the girls. They are in love! We’ve read about 1/3 of the book already, in just two days. Sweet memories from my childhood!
3) One afternoon last week, when GG was here, the girls needed some down time. I asked if they wanted to watch an episode of “Too Cute” on Animal Planet. Baby A jumped into the corner of the couch, and invited B to sit in her lap. Then B said, “Hold me, Sissy.” They snuggled like this for an hour!
4) We delivered GG to Nashville yesterday, to meet Uncle Tommy and Aunt Janet for her trip home. On the car ride down, with five of us in the car, I sat between the girls’ car seats. That little space is not really fit for a human, I now know. I sat tall and straight and tried to keep my eyes closed most of the way, willing myself not to get car sick. I may not have felt very well, but I had the sweetest company. The girls kept stroking my arms with their sweet, tiny hands. Sometimes we held hands, and they would kiss my fingers. “I love you, Mommy,” they alternately whispered. I could endure the torture of that seat again and again for those sweet nothings.
5) During lunch with the family, Baby A asked me, “Do you think it’s OK if I sit in Uncle Tommy’s lap?” Of course it was…he loved nothing more. I watched the light in A’s eyes as she hung on his every word.
6) After we ate lunch, I spied a big sale at one of my favorite shops. B didn’t want to go (and Daddy certainly did not), but A did. While Daddy and B drove around for a few minutes, Baby A helped me shop. She was a great assistant! She held the blouses I picked out, and as I tried them on, she kept saying, “What do you think about it so far?”…before I would even have it all the way on. HA!
7) This morning, the girls called me to take their picture. “Come see, Mommy! We’re two peas in a pod!”
I'm loving it!