Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

February 11, 2017

EIGHTH Birthday Play-by-Play!

Since the girls' first birthday, I've done a play-by-play of their birthday happenings.  My pictures are a little more sparse these days, since I have to share my birthday girls with the public school system...but I still manage to document my darlings.  My newly-minted EIGHT YEAR-OLDS had a great day!

Our annual first-thing-in-the-morning pics!

Baby A!

Baby B!

And the girls soon piled up together...they said they were posing like they were in Mommy's tummy.  HA!  I think they should swap places for that to be more accurate, though.

Sillies!!!

Since the girls' birthday fell on a Thursday, we decided we would have our family celebration the following Saturday.  I still surprised the girls with a few little treats.  Waiting on them at the breakfast table were these little guys...a nod to their Serbian nicknames, which mean "little duck" and "little bird".


After breakfast, we had some play time with the fur babies.

Baby A with Miki

Baby B with Alex

And then I attempted our annual birthday picture.  The girls weren't super excited for that activity, but I did get this one in their new kitty shirts.


I took the girls to school (and then began my whirlwind of a day, buzzing around doing birthday stuff!).

I took the girls lunch from one of our favorite bakeries...chicken salad sandwiches and white bean chowder.  YUM!!!

Mommy with her birthday girls!

And after a short visit home for me, I was back with donuts and lemonade for their classmates.

I picked the girls up from school and headed to the library.  We were long overdue to get new books.  That's usually a weekend activity, so it was a treat to be there in the middle of the week!

In the hot air balloon basket at the library!

I made the girls' traditional birthday meal, baked shrimp scampi over mashed potatoes, and then we enjoyed their traditional birthday dessert, chocolate molten lava pudding cake.  YUM!  We sang "Happy Birthday" -- twice, of course -- and dug into the sweet goodness.



After supper, I had another surprise for the girls...the Game of Life board game, and some new astronaut pajamas.


These precious baby girls had a great day, for sure!

My sleepy 8 year-olds after a full day of celebration!

No comments: