Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

May 16, 2017

Sissies Share

I can't say that my girls always share nicely, or that they always get along.  Far from it, at times.

But sometimes, they do.  And it's some kind of sweet!

Most of the girls' pajamas are matching sets.  (They rarely dress alike...and matching pajamas are my little weakness.  I cannot resist the cuteness!)  They have one set, though, that doesn't match.  One is a watermelon print, and one is an ice cream print.

I didn't realize until a couple of weeks ago that one set is more coveted.  (And I'm still not sure which it is.)  When I laid out pajamas, there was originally some fuss: "You wore that last time!  It's my turn!"

I likely said something along the lines of: "I'm not playing a referee.  You guys figure it out."  And the next thing I knew, they had!

One kiddo had on watermelon bottoms and an ice cream top, while the other sported a watermelon top and ice cream bottoms.  They looked a little silly -- bizarro twins! -- but my heart couldn't have been happier.

And then a few days later, one of the girls opted to have a blue ice pop at school as part of some special fundraising event.  The other had told me she didn't want a blue ice pop.  ("It's just colored sugar water," she told me.  HA!)

That afternoon I asked B how her blue ice pop was.  She said it was good.  And then I asked A if she regretted not getting one.  "It was fine.  Sissy shared a bite with me."

Sweetness!!!



For all those times they don't get along so perfectly, I'm recording these recent couple of gems as proof they sometimes do.

No comments: