Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

January 7, 2013

Super Stuff on a Monday



In addition to our blissful return to routine, and...of course!!!...the girls' FOURTH BIRTHDAY on Saturday, it's been a pretty fantastic week!  Here are a few of the highlights...

1)      Grandma Linda got the girls watches for Christmas.  They have had so much fun with them…although I’ll admit they can drive me a little batty sometimes.  Starting on the way home from Alabama, the girls reported every couple of minutes “what time” it was.  Of course they can’t quite tell time…at 2:40, they’d say, “It’s two, eight!  And then, “It’s two, nine!”  I've gotta love their fascination! 

2)      Over the holidays, I said told the girls, ”Miss Demara said for me to give you a hug.”  Baby A responded, Well, hug me!  And later, when I told them that Aunt Alison wanted me to tell them Merry Christmas, A said, Well, tell me!  C'mon, Mama...get it together!

3)      The girls were so excited to start back to school.  For an entire week before, they kept confirming which day they would go.  On Thursday morning, I asked them what they were most excited about.  Baby A answered, “Hugging Mrs. E,” and Baby B said, “Just everything!  When pressed, she said she was most looking forward to seeing her classmate J.  I am so thankful they're loving school!

4)      Baby B has been battling a cough for a couple of weeks now.  She has had no other symptoms, but I decided to have her checked by the pediatrician, just in case.  I was so proud of how my big girls behaved…B let Dr. F pick her up and set her on the exam table.  She followed his instructions to a tee, and she even chatted with him…a first!  Then I asked Dr. F a quick question about Baby A, and she “performed” just as well.

5)      After our appointment on Friday morning, I surprised the girls with a trip to our favorite downtown bakery for one of their ahhh-mazing cinnamon rolls.  They were so tickled to see two of their “aunts” walk in for an early birthday celebration.  They’ve been there to celebrate every birthday, and this year was no exception.  I’m so thankful for such sweet friends!



6)      The girls were so excited about turning four on Saturday.  The first thing Baby B said when she woke up on Sunday was, “Mommy!  I’m still four! 

7)      Baby B has been focused on going to college lately.  In answer to several different questions, she’s answered, “I’ll do XYZ when I go to college.”  And she told a nice random lady over the weekend that Mommy would start back to work when she goes to college.  I wish!  HA!

8)      The girls were playing High-Ho Cherry-O with Daddy, and he was lamenting over landing on the bird (who eats apples from your basket.  B quickly told him, “You get what you get and you don’t get upset!  You tell him, Sister!

9)      One morning B asked me, "Mommy, when the people first came here, why did they land on the moon?" It didn’t take me long to realize she was cross-referencing our books about the pilgrims…and their recent fascination with astronauts.  HA!

10)   I’m not sure where this came from, but my A cracked me up.  She was walking around with a pretend bottle of catsup…”I’m spraying for bugs!  Huh???  She’s seen the pest control folks spray outside every couple of months…but I’m not sure how that made its way into inside play?!

11)   Two near-misunderstandings this week made me laugh…the girls don't know many characters, but they were given a Winnie the Pooh coloring book and we got it out last week. I usually say "the bear", but I slipped and said "Pooh". Immediately..."Mommy!!! Why did you say POOP????"

12)   And…our page-a-day calendar had a picture of two cats, seemingly playing poker. Baby A told her daddy, "Look, those cats are playing a POKING game!"

13)   Baby B was drawing something, and A came over to have a look.  Oh, cool, Sissy!” she remarked.  It was just so casual…and so grown-up!

14)   At some point over the holidays, I heard Daddy downstairs “trying to teach the girls to whistle”.  Of course they can’t whistle…but they like to purse their lips and make a “woooo” sound.  They have been asking me to whistle certain songs from time to time, though, and they stand, completely mesmerized!

In the midst of an incredible big and busy time, I'm so thankful for the little things that are the icing on the [birthday] cake!

1 comment:

Mrs FF said...

Very hilarious. You girls are too funny!!!

Seriously, I would love to be a fly on the wall for a day just to catch them in action.