Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 30, 2011

Sticker Bingo

The girls like to "do artwork" every day. I try to break it up and direct them towards different types of activities...

Some days they practice "impressionism" with a blank piece of paper and crayons.

Some days I draw a few things on a piece of paper for them to color (or scribble across, as the case often is), or basic shapes, or write their names in big letters.

Some days I let them use markers, the biggest lure of which is washing their hands in the sink afterwards.

And occasionally, I'm even brave enough to let them use finger paints.

Whatever our medium, the girls usually ask for stickers at some point.

I try to make playing with stickers a constructive activity, at least every other day or so. If I've drawn different shapes on their paper, I might direct them, "Can you put a sticker on the square?" (...not that they always follow directions exactly...).

One activity we've been playing lately is what I call "Sticker Bingo". I draw a grid on a piece of paper, and ask the girls to put one sticker in each box.



This is a particularly good example (excepting one square with three stickers). They don't always turn out this good, but the girls seem to enjoy the game.

I don't think our girls are quite old enough for "crafts" yet, so I'm always on the lookout for little activities I can engage them in...I'd love to hear other ideas!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

we've gone through countless sheets of stickers in this house, too!

What about "Paint with Water" books? Those are great! Also Color Wonder or Aqua Doodle? Mess free and fun!

Play doh is always a treat! Oh...sensory play - a tub full of soapy water or squirt some shaving cream on the table and let them lather up and play! Trace shapes in the foam or get trays full of sand, beans or rice and hide things in them for them to find :-)

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Looks like they're ready for the bingo blotters and do-a-dot writing/pictures. :)

Mandy said...

I'm a little happy and sad that my girls aren't into arts and crafts yet. I can't wait for it, but I don't think I could handle the mess right now.

Our big thing is going through the paper. Maybe you can incorporate colors into your bingo game? Specific animal stickers on certain color blocks?

Andrea said...

This is awesome! They did a fantastic job putting the stickers in the squares! I totally have to try this with mine. Don't know why I haven't thought to do it before now. You are doing an awesome job teaching your sweet girls Mommy! :)

Rebecca said...

The Crazies love stickers...I peel off the backing so they can get the stickers off the paper easily. I'm so nice, huh?

BTW, I left you an award on my blog b/c I think you're just that damn awesome.

Unknown said...

So cute! We love stickers, construction paper, markers and coloring books. They are our craft staples!

Renae said...

My guys would love this! I'll have to keep this in mind on our next rainy day.