Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

April 1, 2011

Fab 5 Friday...and ME!

Lots of fabulousness going on at our house this week!

1) I let the girls finger paint on Thursday, even using three different colors of paint. We talked about the “rules” beforehand…your hands touch ONLY your paper, nothing else. I was so proud of the girls for following directions! They had a great time, and I didn't even break a sweat!

2) We were rushing on Thursday night to get the girls’ baths, as they were very tired. Baby B took her bath first, so her hair had a chance to air dry. I was worried that Baby A’s hair would still be wet at bedtime, though. I asked if she wanted to try Mommy’s hairdryer, and she said she did. She giggled when I blew air on her hand, and then she sat so still – for a good five minutes – while I dried her hair a bit. I can’t get over what a big girl she was!

3) I don’t know what the context was, but I heard Baby B say to her sister while they were playing this week, “Bless your heart!” Now that’s my Southern girl!

4) Baby B told me she found a “hair” in the den. I went to take it from her, and realized it was one of the cat’s whiskers. I told the girls what it was, and I let them feel it against their hands. Baby A got a worried look on her face. “Mommy, go put it back!” Put it back where? I asked her. “On Sasha’s face!”

5) There is a mention of jelly beans in one of the girls books. To date they didn’t know what that was. (When I was sneaking some jelly beans from the pantry a couple of weeks ago, one of them asked me what I was eating. “Beans,” I told them without hesitation.) I bought some jelly beans [I am addicted!] at the grocery this week. I decided to let the girls try one. I cut a nice red one in half…and then I decided to cut it again, afraid of a choking hazard. So my girls have each had ¼ of a jelly bean. They ate it very tentatively, but their faces were soon beaming. Baby B got a wistful look on her face and said, “Like a cookie!” Hahaha!!! Hey, don’t get too attached, kiddos…the rest of that bag is for Mommy!

And what did I do for ME this week (
besides indulge in jelly beans!)???

In keeping with my hobos-no-more vow, I finally invested in some nicer bags. To date, I’ve shuffled around a number of different bags…usually a diaper bag and one or two smaller black canvas bags. One canvas bag usually contained a subset of the diaper bag, and one served as our “restaurant” bag, holding our high chair covers and wipes. It was a tawdry assortment.

I am now the proud owner of a larger utility bag with all sorts of great pockets, an insulated medium-sized bag, and a purse…which all match each other AND happen to coordinate with my diaper bag!

The bags are floral- and paisley-type prints, and I somehow feel like that puts me in a different “mom” category…like I’m somehow now – finally – a Stay-at-Home-Mom. But hey, they look great in the back of my mid-size SUV! Hahaha!!!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Hayley said...

Just stopping by to say hello from M&M!!!
www.scottsscoop724.blogspot.com

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

Over from Multiples & More. Glad I found you!

Andrea said...

These are great highlights of the week! I love the cat whisker story! Too cute! The bless her heart is way too sweet! The jellybeans story is way too funny! Plus the ME time is just awesome! I love perfect bags! Good for you! Have a great weekend Mandy!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

I just have to tell you that your blog is so helpful and uplifting to me. Lately I feel like I've been coming across a lot of negavite stuff and it's been bringing me down. It's been causing me to worry more about the future (ie....when your twins are 2,3,...it gets so much harder) is what I have been reading. That is NOT helpful. But YOUR blog is always inspiring to me. You always have such encouraging stories and it helps me believe that there are REALLY good times ahead. Bless you!

penguinsandladybugs said...

Hee, hee....your vow to be a hobo no more....made laugh! I'll bet you feel like a different person toting around the new bags :)

Mandy said...

I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about finger paint!

I too have stuck to the dehoboization. The ladies and I were properly dressed all week! GO US!! I also realized that I have a separate drawer full of house pants (yoga/sweat/pj) but only own three pair of pants/jeans.

I love that you quartered a jelly bean! Too funny. Quarters lead to thirds, then halves, and eventually whole jelly beans. Great way to safe guard your jelly bean stash till they're 7! I'm the mean mom that takes all the "bad candy" from grandma's easter baskets so that my sweet, innocent girls don't have to eat it. It's a mother's duty! :)

Unknown said...

I nice Utility bag! How fun!
I have never been a fan of jelly beans, but I could go for some chocolate eggs. Yum!

I haven't fingerpainted with Isaiah in a long time. He gets to use water colors and a brush quite often, though. He doesn't make a mess at all!
I'm glad you had such a great week!

Onesie Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a great week. Anything remotely related to new bags is a good week! I'm a handbag addict. I think you should post some photos of that new bag!

Unknown said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs this week! I hope to catch up more this weekend. :-)

I bet your new bag is CUTE! I've seen some of those before and thought about ordering something.

Love the Bless Your Heart and jelly bean introduction! My kiddos like to do run bys when I'm blow drying my hair so I can blow some air at them too!


~*~*~*~*~
April is Autism Awareness Month. I'm dedicating my blog to Autism all month long.
www.barbaramanatee.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

"Bless your heart" is too freaking cute!

I need some bags, but Husband has cut me off from buying bags...he doesn't know that I totally snuck one in on Zulily the other day...hahahahahahaaa..evil laugh.

reanbean said...

Now that does sound like a pretty fantastic week! I'd love to hear more about how you did the finger painting (what was your set up? table? easel? what was the paint in or on?). My guys got some finger paints for Christmas, but I've been too chicken to break them out yet.

And good for you for treating yourself to a few new bags! I hope you're enjoying them. :o)