Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

December 16, 2012

Christmas Wonderment

I have not encouraged the legend of Santa Claus at our house.  I have told the girls that he's a character in a story...one of the symbols of giving at Christmas...but we don't pretend that "he sees you when you're sleeping / he knows when you're awake", or that he comes to our house to leave gifts. 

Still, a friend of ours was hosting a Christmas get-together yesterday, including a REAL-live Santa Claus, and I decided to take the girls.

I told them what to expect, that there would be a person dressed like Santa, who would read us stories.  Baby B was cordial enough, but Baby A kept her distance.  She didn't fuss, but she didn't want very close to the jolly old elf.

This mama, on the other hand, was pretty taken with this gentleman.  What a joyful soul he was!  He eluded kindness and warmth, and he was so good with all the children.

We may not "believe" in Santa Claus, but the fun morning we had...stories, cookies, hot chocolate, and lots of laughter...is one that will live in wonderment in my mind for a long time.


4 comments:

Charlene Juliani said...

what a sweet pic!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

love the pic of all of you!

sounds heavenly - you got me at the hot chocolate :)

Anonymous said...

That one looks nice, but some of the dress up santas are down right creepy. We also don't make a big fuss about it at our house, as far as Nicola knows he's someone that only comes to her school every year.

Christina said...

Sometimes I wish we didn't "believe" in Santa either lol. I want them to be good, not just because of that, because I said so! ;)