Pages

Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

November 11, 2012

Deja Vu

I was editing some pictures last night, and I was struck by one I took a couple of weeks ago at the orchard.

I had high hopes for getting adorable pictures of the girls together, piled atop a mountain of pumpkins.  It wasn't exactly shocking that they had other ideas.  :)  I resorted to some individual pictures -- at least of B -- as A was flitting all over the place.






When I saw this picture, B gazing sideways, the wind blowing her hair, I immediately stopped what I was doing to look back through our orchard pictures from a couple of years ago.



Trade the gourds for pumpkins, and my almost-four-year old for a chubby cheeked 22-month old
 babe...it's deja vu!

It's amazing how time flies and these baby girls change every single day...but some of the sweetest things remain.

4 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love the comparison - your memory (and attention to detail) are both excellent :)

have to do some work then I'll be emailing you :) :)

Beth said...

Wow. What a difference!

Still sweet as can be, but there is not much baby left in your girl. What happened to those sweet chubby cheeks?

Helene said...

Awwww, it's so bittersweet, isn't it?? We go to the same pumpkin patch every year and I can't help but go through past pictures and compare them, as well.

She has grown up so much!!!!

Louisa said...

That's so cool! Definitely a standard photo shot for her then. ;-)